This soup is very easy to make and is very nutritious, plus quite delightful! Lots of fiber, plant-based protein and high in potassium, folate and vitamin B6. Black beans are actually considered one of the world’s most healthy foods.
- 2 cans Black Beans (15 oz, no salt added), drained and rinsed
- 1.5 c. Vegetable Broth, low sodium
- 1 c. Chunky Salsa
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- Put all ingredients into blender, then blend until desired consistency has been reached. You can blend until completely smooth or leave it a bit chunky if that is your preference.
- Move mixture into a large pot and heat over medium until entire soup is heated.
- Serve yourself a bowl with a little bit of sour cream and extra salsa on top or add some roasted chicken for more protein.