Miso Chicken Ramen Soup
- 1.5 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Scallions
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Ginger
- 4 cups Water
- 1.5 tbsp. Genmai Miso
- 2 sprays Bragg Liquid Aminos (optional)
- 1.5 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 large Bok Choy bunch
- 3 oz. Dried Chinese Noodles
- 4 oz. Shiitake mushrooms
- Prepare the following ingredients and set aside:
- Scallions - sliced, then separate the white and green parts
- Garlic - minced
- Ginger - finely grated (I used a fine cheese grater)
- Chicken Thighs - trim off any excess fat, then cut into bite sized peices
- Bok Choy - Chopped, stems included
- Shiitake Mushrooms - Stemmed and Sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp of the sesame oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the scallion whites, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring until fragrant - about 1 minute.
- Add water, miso, Bragg liquid aminos and the remaining ½ tbsp sesame oil. Stir in chicken, Bok Choy, noodles and mushrooms.
- Cover and return to a boil. Uncover, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender - about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl, sprinkle some scallion greens on top and Enjoy!
*I also made this soup using regular Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of Sesame Oil and it came out just as good. So if you cant get Sesame Oil, fell free to substitute with olive oil.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 309.5 Fat: 11.9 g Saturated fat: .8 g Carbohydrates: 22.1 g Sodium: 491 mg Fiber: 2.8 g Protein: 35.7 g