White Turkey Chili
Recipe type: Chili
- 1 lb. 94% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1.5 tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Medium Zucchini, diced
- 3 Large Carrots, chopped
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, chopped and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp. Ground Coriander
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 15 oz. Can White Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. Can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 c. Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- White Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add turkey, onion and garlic - cook, stirring, until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add the zucchini and carrots, and cook over medium heat until vegetables start to soften (5-7 minutes).
- Add all of the spices and mix in well with the turkey and vegetables already in the Dutch oven. Stir in the chicken broth and then add the chopped Jalapeño pepper.
- Bring chili to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook partially covered until the liquid is reduced and thickened, about 50 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve.
- Top with some grated white cheddar cheese for extra deliciousness.