Simple Nutritious Salad
Recipe type: Main
- Use as much of the follow ingredients as you would like! (just don't over-do the cheese and dressing):
Romaine Lettuce Heart Leaves
- Fresh White Mushrooms
- Radicchio leaves
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Cooked Beets - cut into pieces
- Unsalted Roasted Sunflower Seeds
- Cannellini Beans
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing - I like to use Lucini Italia 100% Natural Tuscan Balsamic & Extra Virgin (You can also use any healthy dressing that you prefer)
- Wash all produce and pat dry with a paper towel (or you can use a salad spinner).
- Chop romaine lettuce and radicchio leaves, place into bowl. Slice mushrooms and beets, place into the same bowl as the lettuce and radicchio.
- Add the cheddar cheese, sunflower seeds and beans.
- Top with balsamic dressing (watch the amount you use here so that you don't add too many additional calories and fat) and mix into salad until all ingredients and dressing are mixed well.
Make this salad as big as you like! Just keep an eye on the amount of cheese and dressing that you use.