Start your morning with some fall-inspired pumpkin pancakes! Gluten-free, refined sugar free, and easy to make. Anything pumpkin flavored is a GO during this season. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pancakes (gluten free, paleo)
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 8 pancakes
- 2 Large Brown Eggs
- 3 tbsp. Pumpkin Puree
- ½ tbsp. Natural Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Flour
- ½ tbsp. Unsweetened Almond Milk (if batter too thick)
- Carob Chips (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together. I like to mix it all in a liquid measuring cup so that I can easily pour the batter directly from there onto the pan.
- The batter will be thick. You do not want it runny, but if it starts to get too thick (since coconut flour absorbs moisture) add in some almond milk.
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat on medium.
- Once the pan is hot enough, pour the batter on the pan to make a small-medium sized pancake.
- Cook each side for about 1 minute or so each until cooked to a golden brown.
- Repeat until all of the batter has been used.
- Sprinkle a few carob chips on top (optional), add some maple syrup and enjoy!
These pancakes are not meant to come out thick.
Serving size: 8 pancakes Calories: 214.9 Fat: 9.9 g Carbohydrates: 18 Sugar: 8.2 g Sodium: 132.9 mg Fiber: 4.6 g Protein: 13.4 g