A healthy take on pork tacos, and it still tastes delicious! These tacos use our Healthier Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas recipe for the pork.
Pork Carnitas Lettuce Tacos
Recipe type: Main
- Pork Carnitas
- 1 Head of Butter Lettuce
- 1 Avocado
- Pico De Gallo - store bought (whole foods makes a great fresh pico!) or home made
- Queso Fresco
- Make the Healthier Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Take 2 butter lettuce leaves and set one half way of top of the other to create a "taco shell" base. Add a small serving of pork carnitas on top (concentrated to the middle) of the lettuce leaves.
- Thinly slice an avocado vertically. Add 2 or 3 slices on top of the pork carnitas. Then add 1.5 tbsp of Pico de Gallo and top with some fresh Queso Fresco. When eating, "close" the taco by holding up the sides of the lettuce leaves and Enjoy!
- Repeat same steps to make more tacos... you are going to want more than one.