Its cold outside up here in North East! We just got through the blizzard Juno and I needed something hot and sweet to warm me up. Try this hot cocoa recipe that is dairy and refined sugar free, and you won’t feel guilty about enjoying it on a cold day!
- 1 c. Almond Milk (I like to use Califa Farms Creamy Original)
- 1.5 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup, Dark Amber
- 1 tsp. Coconut Cream (optional, adds some creaminess)
- In a small pot, heat the almond milk over medium-high heat until hot.
- Turn off heat, add in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, and coconut cream
- Whisk until all ingredients are well mixed, and the cocoa powder has completely dissolved.