Chicken 2-Bean Chili
Recipe type: Main
- 1 can (14 oz.) Red Beans
- 1 can (14 oz.) Black Beans
- 2 jars (16 oz.) Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Drain and rinse the beans well to remove excess sodium.
- Cut chicken breasts in half.
- In a large sauce pan, mix beans with salsa, chicken and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, for about 10 minutes - until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Remove chicken, shred, and then stir back into chili.
- Serve the chili with crumbled queso fresco and some chopped chives.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 277.3 g Fat: 3.0 g Carbohydrates: 30.4 g Sugar: 4.0 g Sodium: 903 mg Fiber: 12.5 g Protein: 29.4 g